Author Topic: Paint Colors HELP Needed  (Read 2761 times)

Offline Chief

Paint Colors HELP Needed
« on: February 13, 2013, 08:01:04 PM »
I am ready to paint a Jennings Four Star Chief. I know the bottom front is Royal Blue, does any-one know what the color above the Royal Blue is ?.

Yes, I want to make it look like it did, when it came out of the Jennings Factory.

Jackpot, Monti and everyone else with this knowledge your expertise is needed so I can continue
on with this project.

Thanks'
                                                     Chief

Offline dhellis

• Administrator
« Last Edit: February 13, 2013, 08:21:22 PM by dhellis »

Offline Chief

Re: Paint Colors HELP Needed
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2013, 08:16:00 PM »
That's the same exact machine I have right down to the prosperity award and even denomination.  Wow, the restored one is what I am wanting to do and any help Dan
is appreciated.  You know a lot about machines and where to find the information.
  Thank you...
                             Chief

Offline dhellis

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2013, 08:24:30 PM »
Thanks Chief, glad that I could help, I also posted some additional links with a few
different options so you can pick and choose what you think is best.

Oh an I am really only responding so you will come back and see the other links

-- Dan

Offline Jackpot

• Administrator
    • The Sugar Shack, antique Coin operated games, slots-jukes-and others
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2013, 08:43:24 PM »
I am ready to paint a Jennings Four Star Chief. I know the bottom front is Royal Blue, does any-one know what the color above the Royal Blue is ?.

Yes, I want to make it look like it did, when it came out of the Jennings Factory.

Jackpot, Monti and everyone else with this knowledge your expertise is needed so I can continue
on with this project.

Thanks'
                                                     Chief

Chief,
I have been looking also but I run into so many variables that I don't know if or what is proper. Dan did good with some very good examples.
Jackpot

Offline Chief

« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2013, 11:45:12 AM »
Here is a Photo of what I'm repainting.
               Chief

Offline dhellis

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2013, 12:59:07 PM »
That is a nice looking machine Chief, you know that we will be expecting to
see the "AFTER" pictures once you have completed it.  ;D

Offline Chief

« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2013, 02:25:51 PM »
Dhellis
           Thank you for looking a the machine this was before I took it apart to have it soda blasted .  Soda Blasting is like a real miracle as it makes aluminium look shiny and looks new.

Today I got my Eastwood Soda Blasting system.
Very nice a 6 foot rubber connecting hose that hooks up to a nice nozzle and Three nozzles different sizes and a Allen wrench to change nozzles and two ten pound plastic containers of Blast Media and a long Metal Tube for the rubber hose to the nozzle to hook up to and the nozzle has a standard fitting to hook up to my air compressor.

All Jackpot would need is the soda and the proper nozzles and he would be set to go. Its the same hand control but with different nozzles as a sand blaster . I may be wrong on this but it sure looks the same as a sand blaster that goes in the hand with the on/off trigger and rubber hose connection to material and a compressor connection.

I need a full face mask and a set of long rubber gloves before I test it out.
Full report coming on my results :  It will be a balanced report and the good and bad will be told.
    For my test, I have a old Perfection Oil Heater that I will be taking the paint off from.  I will take pictures before and after . Tomorrow I go to Harbor Freight and get a hood and long rubber gloves a tarp and Eastwood recommends that I put Parts on a piece of wood and put on top of tarp and work in my driveway.
                    Chief
« Last Edit: February 15, 2013, 03:34:09 PM by Chief »

Offline dhellis

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2013, 02:34:32 PM »
Everyone will appreciate the report and when folks are kind enough to show their mistakes
then everyone can learn. It looks like Eastwood delivered pretty quickly given the size
of the shipment, looks to be about a week and it seems as though you got good value
for your $50.

Some how I think Jackpot will be the next guy to order. I am pretty sure that you can find
the gloves and other protective gear at Harbor Freight.

Dan

Offline Chief

« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2013, 06:46:38 AM »
Dhellis
             Below is a conversion kit from Eastwood to convert your Sand Blaster to a Soda Blaster.
Jackpot  you can buy it or most likely make your own conversion kit to Soda Blast.
                           Chief

Offline Jackpot

• Administrator
    • The Sugar Shack, antique Coin operated games, slots-jukes-and others
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2013, 01:20:18 AM »
Thanks Chief for showing me this, I plan on ordering it and giveing it a try here real soon.
Jackpot ;D

Offline dhellis

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2013, 12:43:03 PM »
Thanks Chief for showing me this, I plan on ordering it and giveing it a try here real soon.
Jackpot ;D

If you plan on buying one then this is the link to the site so that one can be ordered

http://www.eastwood.com/soda-blasting-retro-fit-kit.html

Don't be to quick to hit the button, wait a few seconds and a window will pop up
offering you a 10% discount if you subscribe to their email list. $15 saved is $15
in your pocket.

Chief you may be interested in this, if you have not already purchased it

http://www.eastwood.com/ew-soda-blasting-protection-kit.html?reltype=2&parent_id=3414

Vintage

Slots Web Ring