Author Topic: Bad News about Tom Krahl of Antique Slot Machine Parts Company: Update  (Read 2225 times)

Offline Jackpot

• Administrator
    • The Sugar Shack, antique Coin operated games, slots-jukes-and others
Tom Krahl,
Owner of "Antique Slot Machine Parts Company" had a bad stroke at his shop yesterday, June 10 2014. He was air lifted from his company to a hospital. The only other news that I have about his condition is; he cannot use his right arm, and most of his leg, and has partial use of his other arm and he can't talk and spends his time sleeping. May we all wish and pray for his speedy recovery and send our thoughts to his wife and family. At this time, there is still someone at the company taking part orders.
Jackpot    :( :(

Update:

I called Ralph at Antique Slot Parts Company this morning to see if he got my order "I called in and just left a message", he did, (this for a set of Mills SP reel disks and matching reel strips) and he did, and he sent them out on Wednesday so that is really good. So, I asked him how Tom Krahl was doing, "Tom had a bad stroke at the company two days ago" his reply: Not Good and they are pulling his breathing tube today. So, we may be losing one of the largest and almost only suppliers of slot machine parts left today. I met him at a show once or twice, a big guy, man this is really sad news and it's going to affect all of us in one degree or another. I hope the company survives and we can still get parts in the future, and all my thoughts are with Marcy, his wife.

Jackpot
http://www.coinslots.com
« Last Edit: June 13, 2014, 10:42:59 AM by Jackpot »

Offline Jackpot

• Administrator
Update on Tom,
Tom Krahl passed away last night, June 13 2014.
Jackpot

Offline dhellis

• Administrator
Another update on Tom's company..

The Antique Slot Machine Parts Company is going to try and stay open. By try they mean
that as long as orders are coming in they will be able to stay in business.
Since the announcement of Tom's passing the orders have come to a stand still. I think
that we can all understand that we might be hesitant in placing an order not knowing if
it will be fulfilled.

If you need parts, call and place the order, this is the only way that the company can continue
and losing this will hurt all of us.

Offline Jackpot

• Administrator
I agree, and I have placed an order today, so this would be great if we don't lose them, this parts supply is needed badly, by everyone!
Jackpot  ;D

Offline Ken Layton

Re: Bad News about Tom Krahl of Antique Slot Machine Parts Company: Update
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2019, 10:52:51 PM »
I have been off the forum for a while. How did this company turn out? Are they still around?

Offline dhellis

• Administrator
Re: Bad News about Tom Krahl of Antique Slot Machine Parts Company: Update
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2019, 10:56:34 PM »
The company closed shortly after Tom's death, all of the inventory was sold to Squires and Corriethough I am not sure exactly what all they got (such as molds equipment etc).

Vintage

Slots Web Ring