Author Topic: Bally E2090 Slot  (Read 972 times)

van

Bally E2090 Slot
« on: July 28, 2014, 05:15:21 PM »
E2090 series slot has be idle for at least 2 years, reels do not spin any ideas?

Offline Jackpot

• Administrator
    • The Sugar Shack, antique Coin operated games, slots-jukes-and others
Re: Bally E2090 Slot
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2014, 05:43:29 PM »
Old sticky greese in the reel bundle, corshion on the wire connectors and pins, leaky dead MPU battery, does it gave a error code in the win paid area?
Jackpot

Offline dhellis

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2014, 06:23:04 PM »
Rodger had mentioned that the grease on the reels may have dried up as well as a couple
other suggestions. My question would be if the pull handle works as expected (pulls down
smoothly and returns normally) These older machines had a rubber seal on the inside that would
turn in to a black gummy mess and if that is the case you need to remove all of that junk, clean
the cylinder real good. The seal is not really needed but do make sure that the small hole at the
end of the cylinder is open.

Also, check the power supply voltages.

Offline Jackpot

• Administrator
    • The Sugar Shack, antique Coin operated games, slots-jukes-and others
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2014, 07:40:51 AM »
When these things machines been sitting for a long time and it has never been serviced before or in a very long time, when stored in a cold area moving parts inside the machine will not move easily because of the cold old hard grease, sometimes it is of great help to move the machine into a warm area for awhile and let it warm up. As this can make trouble shooting it much easier and really help to loosen things up. When I go through a machine I like to store it in a cold garage for a day or two if possable and then go out at the coldest part of the day, flip it on, and play it, if it plays right off the bat when I turn it on, I know I have done my job well. The rubber coin agitator inside the hopper scoop, and the rubber piston seal that Dan talked about have been know to just one day, turn into the black gooeyest mess you have ever seen, it breaks down all at once for some reason. So if you see this happen you need to remove these and clean up the black gooey mess it leaves. If your handle is really hard to pull down this is an indication that the this rubber seal inside that nylon yellow tube on the right side of your mechanism has started to break down. If this happens you need to disamble this tube and piston and clean off all the melted rubber and resamble it, it will work without this seal and there almost imposable to find anymore anyway. The handle release circut goes through the bleu pin plugs at the back of the reel mechanism, so if your handle doesn't unlock after the machine accepts a coin, thy hitting the reel mechanism with the Palm of you hand, or try to move it a little sideways from one side or the other, if you here a click, the sound of the handle lock releasing, then you know that the pins and other electrical contacts need cleaning. Also try to work in some clean light oil to the parts under the reel mechanism and try working each part as you oil each one, remove the reel bundle from the reel mechanism before doing this, you need to have all these parts working freely again as timing is everything with these machines, and if the parts under the reel mechanism don't move free, quick, and easy, it will just tilt on you, and give you reel error codes. A good oil to use would be turbine oil and you can get it at some hardware or auto parts stores called Zoom Spout oil, and it has a long tube you can pull out and get just a drop in a area that is hard to get at, it's great stuff and I buy it by the case!
Jackpot  :) :) ;)

Vintage

Slots Web Ring