Author Topic: Buckley Trade Stimulator  (Read 1520 times)

Offline blitz_8255

Re: Buckley Trade Stimulator
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2016, 05:56:56 PM »
Thank-You! I forget things all the time.  I'm starting to like this slot collecting thing.  Got this one on a fluke and it's got me hooked.

Offline Jackpot

• Administrator
    • The Sugar Shack, antique Coin operated games, slots-jukes-and others
« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2016, 07:15:20 PM »
Hey there guys,

I see you guys have been buys here. I know of this machine and yes it is the "Buckley Poinmaker". I do believe I have the original manual for this puppy around here somewhere and I'll look, I do have the small Coin slot manual also but the original is much bigger. Do you have the control box for it??? This plugged into the back for the inn keeper or bartender for play-pay. I have never owned one of these but seen them, and I almost bought a control box for one at one time just in case I ended up with one, for some reason they "the control box" and the machines get separated for these.

Jackpot

Offline blitz_8255

« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2016, 07:22:03 PM »
The manual with schematics would be great!   Having a source for the control box would be the cats pajamas.  Hic!

Offline MONTI

• "THE HOUSE ALWAYS WINS"
« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2016, 09:03:34 AM »
Finding the control box may be a challenge but if Jackpot has the original manual, which would be better than the Coin Slot book as the schematics and photo of the components would be clearer that would be the way to go.
Jackpot has many manuals and is a Great Source for hard to find manuals of this type!
He has been a Great help to me in the past when working on electro/mechanical and later electronic slot machines, video poker, Etc. and I am grateful for his help and knowledge!
Bona Fortuna in locating the control box.
Monti
« Last Edit: January 18, 2016, 09:07:18 AM by MONTI »
"THE HOUSE ALWAYS WINS"

Offline blitz_8255

« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2016, 09:34:21 AM »
It is being a challenge for sure!  Lots of dead ends and old posts out there. I hope Jackpot finds that manual, and is willing to copy or better yet part with it.  With the schematics it shouldn't  be to hard recreating the remote box or at least the basic power/in&out  so I can get the lights flashing and counter counting. Even if I make the box I'll keep searching for the real deal.

Offline MONTI

« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2016, 09:57:05 AM »
I've put some feelers out there too and hopefully someone has the control box out there available!
I'll keep you posted if I come across one for you!
Bona Fortuna!
MONTI
"THE HOUSE ALWAYS WINS"

Offline blitz_8255

« Reply #21 on: January 18, 2016, 10:15:41 AM »
Thank-You very much!   This site is a better place for having people like you and Jackpot.  I'm so glad I found  it!

Offline Jackpot

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: January 22, 2016, 05:36:47 PM »
Hey Blitz,

You have got to see this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Buckley-Cross-Electronic-Point-Maker-10Cent-Slot-Machine-/201509330397?hash=item2eeae45ddd:g:dA4AAOSwUdlWfEvh

Its a pointmaker like yours only this guy has a coin acceptor mounted on the side of it, this may be an answer to running it without the control box! I have never seen one ran this way but a photo of the inside of the coin acceptor does not look to complated. You might think of writing this guy and see if you can have him trace those coin machine acceptor box wires for you and I have seen these boxes on ebay, maybe under trade simulators or kiddy rides. It worth a shot and might really work good for this pointmaker of yours, a way out of the dilemma.

Jackpot ;)

Offline MONTI

« Reply #23 on: January 22, 2016, 05:54:29 PM »
Yeh, Rodger, I bet he's got some interesting wiring in that puppy to make that work!
I spotted that a few days ago on EBAY and Dan and I were discussing it!
And good call on the kids rides coin box I was trying to figure out where I remembered seeing one of those, but I haven't ridden one of them little horses for a while now! LOL
And they were a dime when I was riding them, heck, maybe a nickle!
And Blitz, I still haven't found anybody with a control box for that little sucker either!
MONTI

"THE HOUSE ALWAYS WINS"

Offline blitz_8255

« Reply #24 on: January 24, 2016, 05:23:53 PM »
Jackpot, thanks but I saw that also. I've been to busy lately to play in the shop but I have been studying the schematic. I'm just about done figuring what is in the machine as to what is in the remote box. Monti, I can see where to put the coin switch signal, and I have one of those kiddie ride boxes here somewhere. I'm gonna keep trying to find a box for now. I have a line on a guy that says he might have one buried  in a storage locker that is also buried in the snow, so I'm waiting for  the spring thaw on that one! Unless he gets in there sooner!  I'm digging out myself as we got about 2 feet of the fluffy stuff here in SW Pa. near Somerset!!  I ride snowmobile, so when we get snow, all else gets put on hold and it is looking good for this coming week  :)
Thanks for your continued help guys,
Blitz

Offline blitz_8255

« Reply #25 on: January 27, 2016, 07:09:22 PM »
Update on the Buckley

Had some time today so I thought I'd play with the Buckley.  After studying the schematic for awhile, I figured out what is in the slot and what is in the remote box. (The schematic does not have the units separated for you. :( ) I found where I can connect my 30v & 6v common line on the 12 pin connector and then found the 30vac supply bus connection. Still looking for the 6vac since it goes through a couple of contacts, but I'm closing in on it.  Next problem was a power source. I've been looking at all the ac wall adapters I have laying around and found 6vac easy enough but the 30vac was posing a problem.
I got to digging through some old boxes of junk and found a power supply for a Kramer Joker Poker video game. Must've been my lucky day because the transformer on it has 4 isolated secondary coils, 2 @8vac and 2@15.5! I'll use one of the 8vac for my lighting supply and  I series connected the 15.5vac to get 31vac that held steady at 29.6vac with a 4amp load!! I have power!! Hooked up the 30vac and pushed the button, a relay clicked and I pulled the handle. No lights but I guess I won because the counter added 20 points to my score.  I tried it again but my luck must've ran out because it doesn't respond to the button. I think it's time to clean all the points and connections, and try to figure out where the 6vac goes.
Little by little, but I'm smiling for sure!!

Offline Jackpot

• Administrator
« Reply #26 on: October 26, 2016, 08:18:31 PM »
Friends,

I found this information on ebay, on the operation of a Buckley point maker, maybe some of you will find this interesting:

BUCKLEY ELECTRONIC POINTMAKER
The Johnson Act forced game makers to engineer ways around restrictions if they were to remain in business.. Following the Johnson Act, you couldn't make, ship, sell or operate a coin operated chance machine or gambling machine.
 But what if you did not need a coin to operate it?
Bernard McManus of Lander, Wyoming was a pioneer in experiments of remote control. The player pays the business operator who sets up the number of plays based on the payment. The player pulls the handle to lose or win free plays. When he is finished, if there are free plays showing, the business operator pays the player in cash.
 McManus made some machines known as BOOSTER as early as 1950 placing them on location. McManus contracted with Jennings to produce JOKER, an improved version, and marketed them nationally as P&M Enterprises. Later he shifted to Buckley and Buckley was manufacturing the machine, FLASH JOKER, by 1954.buckley pointmaker. Ralph Kurn at Buckley is said to have designed the Electronic Pointmaker on his own time. Instead of three reels displayed to the player rotating, three disks rotated to flash the display and to randomize the outcome. The results are displayed by lit symbol when the horizontal fingers or levers pass through holes in the disk pack.
 The Criss-Cross Pointmaker was made in 1955.
The appearance of the Pointmaker was unmistakable to the player as to its intent. It had the footprint and silhouette of a Mills half-hightop. What appears to be a coin entry plate is actually a pushbutton on the left and a yellow lens on the right. The player would purchase the number of plays he desired from the business operator who would step up the plays on the machine from the Control Unit. At the same time, a counter visible on the top right of the Control Unit would count these purchased plays. When plays are available on the machine, the yellow light is lit. To play a game, press the button next to the yellow light and pull the handle. About half way through the spin, the registers in both the Pointmaker and Control Unit are decremented by one game.
 When replays are won, the plays are added to the registers in both the Pointmaker and the Control Unit. Games won are not addeed to the start meter, however.
 Players could redeem any games on the Pointmaker by having the business operator reset the machine. The registers on both the Control Unit and Pointmaker return to zero with the games cancelled being added to the payout counter in the Control Unit. These meter readings were used to compensate the business for games redeemed, and for division of revenue. This is a 20-stop machine paying an estimated 75% back to the player. Well, it would if a "percentage clip" were removed which prevents one of the two jackpot combinations from The three reels can be seen together with the score disks. The brass brads on the reels are used as cams to flash the symbols on the glass during spin. The winner is selected and indicated by the stop of the reels and conventional horizontal levers penetrating the score disks to operate switch stacks. The percentage clip can be seen on the first visible score disk covering the slot that jackpot levers would sense.
 Power for the system is fed to the Control Unit. It is transformered there to 24V and 6V for fractional h.p. motors, lights, relays and solenoids. A umbilical cable runs between the Control Unit and the Pointmaker to a maximum of about 50 feet. Voltage drop beyond that impairs performance. A keyed switch on the rear of the Control Unit prevents unauthorized use.
 buckley pointmaker

Jackpot

Vintage

Slots Web Ring