Author Topic: put in a quarter, it gives 100 credits  (Read 514 times)

Offline bonzoro

put in a quarter, it gives 100 credits
« on: July 14, 2017, 10:09:18 AM »
I have an IGT multi game video machine with 12 games (2 slots, 5 poker, and 5 keno games) which seems to work great other than:

when I put in a quarter, it gives 100 credits (which is a problem since you can hit the "cash out" button, is says $10

some lights are out

I have a reset key, and the key to open the front. How can I ensure this machine only gives you one credit when inserting a quarter.

Trying to post pics of the machine. Keeps telling me they fail security checks.

Thanks

Perry

Offline bonzoro

Re: put in a quarter, it gives 100 credits
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2017, 10:26:41 AM »

no worky worky

Offline bonzoro

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2017, 10:33:45 AM »
Trying again

Offline Jackpot

• Administrator
    • The Sugar Shack, antique Coin operated games, slots-jukes-and others
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2017, 07:45:15 PM »
I have an IGT multi game video machine with 12 games (2 slots, 5 poker, and 5 keno games) which seems to work great other than:

when I put in a quarter, it gives 100 credits (which is a problem since you can hit the "cash out" button, is says $10

some lights are out

I have a reset key, and the key to open the front. How can I ensure this machine only gives you one credit when inserting a quarter.

Trying to post pics of the machine. Keeps telling me they fail security checks.

Thanks

Perry

HI Bonzoro
Welcome my friend, glad to see you here!

I got to see the photos A-OK, if your having problems with the forum site Dan the admin, is the guy to help you as I am somewhat..... computer dumb.
I don't know much about the multiple games, BUT the IGT S-Plus needs a Set Chip so you have a way to interact with the bill valitdator, or the set chip allows you to get the BV to talk with the slot. With a set chip you can establish to the BV what the machine is coined on, you can tell it that the machine it is say a dollar, so then the valitdator will send one credit to the machine for each dollar, or 100 credits if the machine is a one cent machine or say 4 credits for a quarter machine, this is why a set denomination chip is needed. On a newer IGT game say an igame or a IGT S2000, this set chip is called a KEY chip, same idea, as it allows you to set the machines coin amount to the bill valitdator. As the machine was made by IGT and the B/V might of been made by JCM. So my guess is someone set your machine up and didn't change the coin amount to a quarter, so right now the B/V thinks your machine IS A ONE CENT MACHINE giving 100 credits for every dollar inserted in the B/V. Does this make any sense? Dan the admin might know as he knows this one machine better, but we most likely have the right key in our files and can take that key program needed, and burn it to a EPROM for you, so you can then set your machine back up right. I assume it plays just fine on a quarter, and a win pays you the right amount of money, its just that the B/V thinks your machine is a one cent machine. So that problem is in the set up and can be corrected. Thank You!

Jackpot
Rodger Knutson 8)

Offline bonzoro

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2017, 08:30:39 PM »
Thanks, I'm sending it back, the hopper jams up continually.

Vintage

Slots Web Ring