Author Topic: Bally E/M fluorescent lamp issues  (Read 465 times)

Offline McLeieer

Bally E/M fluorescent lamp issues
« on: September 14, 2017, 09:33:19 AM »
Hi all,

I have a Bally 809 slot machine and when trying to replace F8T5 bulbs,the new bulbs  had trouble trying to install them ,very tight,old bulbs just a tad thinner,but they work. Did this size of bulb change or anyone have this problem? Is this a special bulb? - Max M.

Offline Jackpot

• Administrator
    • The Sugar Shack, antique Coin operated games, slots-jukes-and others
Re: Bally E/M fluorescent lamp issues
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2017, 02:42:03 PM »
Hi all,

I have a Bally 809 slot machine and when trying to replace F8T5 bulbs,the new bulbs  had trouble trying to install them ,very tight,old bulbs just a tad thinner,but they work. Did this size of bulb change or anyone have this problem? Is this a special bulb? - Max M.
As far as I know, there the same old bulbs but yes they are tight and hard to replace. Some people put a little tape around the sockets when replacing them so they stay there. In the environment that they are it's a good thing that they are tight or they would rattle right out of there.
Jackpot

Offline Ken Layton

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2019, 11:04:33 PM »
I've noticed so many formerly made in the USA fluorescents are now made in China. I think the new end piece housings on the tubes are metric because they appear to be larger than what they used to be.

Offline Jackpot

• Administrator
    • The Sugar Shack, antique Coin operated games, slots-jukes-and others
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2019, 11:45:01 AM »
I've noticed so many formerly made in the USA fluorescents are now made in China. I think the new end piece housings on the tubes are metric because they appear to be larger than what they used to be.

Interesting, i am still using NOS bulbs, when i get some new ones i’ll check this out.

Vintage

Slots Web Ring