Author Topic: Jennings Prototype Slot Machine  (Read 1629 times)

Offline Chief

Jennings Prototype Slot Machine
« on: July 19, 2012, 10:28:08 AM »
The V.C.A. auction on October 12-14th in Las Vegas, Nevada.
Has made a offering of this Jennings Slot Machine Protype.

Do members have any knowledge if this is a documented prototype machine?. Appreciate your thoughts about this machine being offered.
                                     Thank you
                                           Chief
« Last Edit: July 19, 2012, 10:31:16 AM by Chief »

Offline ynotcoinop

Re: Jennings Prototype Slot Machine
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2013, 08:10:31 AM »
This is NOT a prototype machine. What it is......is a Jennings Modern Vendor trade stimulator (not a payout machine) that has been altered by a person that I knew by the name of Art Hamernik from Milwaukee, Wisconsin. Art, was a good friend that sadly passed away a few years ago. The machine would put up credits on the large dial where the Indian Head is now and then could be played off or cashed in. The machine also vended rolls of mints that were in display windows where the Indian castings now are. He bought a number of these Modern Vendor machines from someone in Canada I believe. Some were complete, others were missing parts. So, Art improvised, and this is what he came up with. The front castings were made from a Jennings 1 or 4 Star Chief machine, the award card is from a Jennings 4 Star Chief slot as well, and I don't know where he found the Indian Head to cover the area on top where the dial used to be. I don't recall, but he might have modified this machine to payout coins as I see that it is now a quarter machine. The Modern Vendor originally came in the nickel denomination. Art did a lot of improvisation. I purchased one complete Modern Vendor from him years ago. I did manage to get it to work but it has been in storage for quite some time now so, I am not sure if it still functions or not. There were a lot of contacts that most likely would need to be cleaned to get it running properly again. Anyway, that's the scoop on this unusual machine.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2013, 09:15:56 AM by ynotcoinop »

Offline Chief

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2013, 02:18:28 PM »
ynotcoinop,

Thank you ever so much for the valued information. I did kinda did  think, that it might have not been a protoype.  Some one paid I recall about $3,000.00 plus for it. That's' a lot of money for a non original machine.  I remember Art and he was a very smart fella and knew his stuff, he is a loss to the hobby.

Thank you for taking the time to answer the question is this a protoype or not?.  I wonder is your machine for sale? if so let me know.

Welcome to the forum and your great contribution to it.
                                                    Chief
« Last Edit: March 15, 2013, 02:51:08 PM by Chief »

Offline ynotcoinop

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2013, 04:31:10 PM »
Hi Chief,
Regretably, my Modern Vendor is not for sale. I really like it, but just don't have the room to display it anymore. Room is just at a premium here, and there are way too many other things that we like, and are displayed at this time. I had it on display at our other house before we moved. Since then, we kind of shuffled our machines and have others on display. Our entire rec room is filled to the max. Talk about being addicted, ha! Well, it's better than doing drugs. At least we have something to show for it even though prices are considerably down on a lot of it.
Have a "GREAT" weekend, wherever you are.
Jerry

Vintage

Slots Web Ring