Author Topic: Coin op shuffleboard table scoreboards  (Read 7300 times)

Offline Ken Layton

Coin op shuffleboard table scoreboards
« on: October 12, 2012, 10:09:41 AM »
I was finally able to find some rare instruction sheets for the old overhead scoreboards on coin op American Shuffleboard tables. The instruction sheets and troubleshooting guide also has adjustments for the electromechanical stepper units as well as a parts list.

Is there any place to upload it here? The manual uploads function over at KLOV forums is down right now with no estimate when that function will be repaired.

Offline dhellis

• Administrator
Re: Coin op shuffleboard table scoreboards
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2012, 10:20:55 AM »
Hi Ken

If you want to send them to either Rodger or myself, we can place them in the public folder on Dropbox, much the same way
that we have the springs and other parts.

Offline Jackpot

• Administrator
    • The Sugar Shack, antique Coin operated games, slots-jukes-and others
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2012, 10:31:37 AM »
I was finally able to find some rare instruction sheets for the old overhead scoreboards on coin op American Shuffleboard tables. The instruction sheets and troubleshooting guide also has adjustments for the electromechanical stepper units as well as a parts list.

Is there any place to upload it here? The manual uploads function over at KLOV forums is down right now with no estimate when that function will be repaired.
Hi Ken, I just gave you some Kudos, Karma for you offer to help by provide information to all here that might need it. My hat is off to you!
Thank You
Jackpot ;) ;) ;D

Offline Ken Layton

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2012, 10:42:18 AM »

Hi Ken, I just gave you some Kudos, Karma for you offer to help by provide information to all here that might need it. My hat is off to you!
Thank You
Jackpot ;) ;) ;D

The American Shuffleboard stuff should be in your email now. I sent two attachments. One is the troubleshooting guide/parts list and the other is the cabinet interior labels scans.

Offline Jackpot

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2012, 10:50:59 AM »

Thank You
Jackpot ;) ;) ;D

The American Shuffleboard stuff should be in your email now. I sent two attachments. One is the troubleshooting guide/parts list and the other is the cabinet interior labels scans.

We got it Ken, thank you, and we are working on adding this with a download link so people can access it. Thank you very much. Dan's wife is killing him right now, but as soon as he is dead he will get at adding this stuff for us.
Jackpot ;D ;D :o ::)

Offline Ken Layton

« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2012, 10:56:24 AM »
The American Shuffleboard stuff will also apply to the Marvel "Shuffle-Score" coin op overhead scoreboard unit. They are virtually identical except for the name Marvel and the Shuffle-Score names on the backglass.

Offline Jackpot

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2012, 11:09:29 AM »
More good information from Ken! You know, I shouldn't post this, but at one time I bought box's of manuals from an old route operator guy, there were a bunch of shuffle board manuals in there for different manufactures and games, now comes the bad part of this story......I got in one of my moods and dumped the lot on ebay and sold them all without copying them or scanning them, now I have the ability to scan stuff and I wish I had them, so I could.
A Dumb-Dumb-Dumb thing to do!
I am sorry you guys. :-\ :-\ :-[ :'(
Jackpot

Offline Ken Layton

« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2012, 11:22:15 AM »
And there is so little out there now for any shuffleboard information. I was real lucky to find a guy in Massachusetts that had this American Shuffleboard information. He told me the pages were deteriorating badly and I'd have to 'doctor' them up to be readable.

Offline Jackpot

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2012, 11:31:40 AM »
And there is so little out there now for any shuffleboard information. I was real lucky to find a guy in Massachusetts that had this American Shuffleboard information. He told me the pages were deteriorating badly and I'd have to 'doctor' them up to be readable.
Now that really hurts Ken, because I had a BUNCH OF THIS STUFF! Someone has it, as it did sell on ebay. :-[ :-[ :(
Jackpot

Offline Ken Layton

« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2012, 02:33:45 PM »
I've managed to trace out the pinout of the American Shuffleboard double faced overhead scoreboard's coin switch/pushbutton connector. It is the 5 pin "Jones" jack-and-plug located inside the scoreboard. You will need to unlock the glass faces and swing them open to see the connector. With the tall index peg of the connector on your left, from the left to right is this pinout:

Coin switch common terminal

Coin switch normally open terminal

Blue pushbutton switch

Red pushbutton switch

Common to both pushbutton switches

See the attached picture.

Vintage

Slots Web Ring